Cardiovascular Associates Data Breach
Cardiovascular Associates, which is a medical group practice located in Birmingham, Alabama, that specializes in heart care reported a data breach that exposed private, personal, and financial information such as social security and potentially much more.
If you received a letter from Cardiovascular Associates indicating that your information was involved in the data breach, join Shub Law’s investigation by filling out the form below to take action. To learn more about the data breach, continue reading.
On or around February 3, 2023, Cardiovascular Associates announced that a cybersecurity breach left its servers susceptible to attack. Around December 5, 2022, the company left private client information vulnerable to outside agents resulting in an unknown actor being able to access their customers’ employees’ information.
Cardiovascular Associates is an entity that is a medical group practice located in Birmingham, Alabama, that specializes in heart care. Information such as
- Demographic information to identify and contact the patient, such as full name, date of birth, and address;
- Social Security numbers;
- Health insurance information, such as name of insurer/government payor and member ID, policy and/or group number;
- Medical and treatment information, such as medical record number, dates of service, provider and facility names, other visit, procedure and diagnosis information, and possibly assessments, tests and imaging;
- Billing and claims information, such as account and/or claim status, billing and diagnostic codes, and payor information;
- Passport and driver’s license numbers;
- Credit and debit card information; and
- Financial account information., and potentially much more has been exposed.
If you received a letter from indicating that your information was involved in a data breach, fill out the above form to participate in Shub Law’s investigation.